Finding Mer

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Saying Good Bye

Its happened once, I got over it. It happened again and I got a little freaked - the thought of it happening again made me throw up in my mouth a little.

My site has been found once again, but this time by a fellow co-worker. Its ok, I'm not mad, - so not mad in the least because I like this co-worker. But it got me to thinking about this site, what I wanted and where it was going. It got me thinking about all the "what if's" and "might happens" and it freaked me a little bit. It actualy threw fuel to an already ignited fire. It made my final decision very apparent:

My professional life and my private life must remain separate entities.

I complained once about privacy, I even yelled at myself for sticking my foot in my mouth a second time, but it seems like this was not meant to be a secret. I've learned a lot since I started this here blog and now I know if I want to be anonymous I have to take certain measures and actions.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about stopping this blog, I've fought with the idea for well over a month now. I guess it started at about the time that Kenny found the site and I realized that family was still reading it. That's fine, I love my sister and I don't hide things from her, but I'd much rather her hear things from me and not from this site - I don't know, that's just me I guess.

I was caught in my own inner conflict - I was on a sea saw where one minute I tipped the scale thinking of keeping this site and on the other hand stopping it.

I've decided to end this website address. I've decided to take a little break. I have created another site, but this one will remain 100% anonymous to those who know me in the flesh - the way it should have been from day 1.

Of course there are a few people out there in cyberspace that I will be more than happy to forward my new address to so please email me (findingmer@hotmail.com) and I will be more than happy to do so. But it will be a little while before I start writing to it. I need a break. I will also be writing from the comfort of my own home as well so posts might not appear on a daily basis. Sorry, dem is the breaks. My job is more important.

If you work in an office and know anything about professionalism, you'll understand why I've decided to do what I have done. I feel very calm about my decision and its alleviated a ton of concern. I'm upset that I will lose readers and perhaps even interest, but its a chance I am willing to take.

P.S. If you try to search "Finding Mer" - this is what you will get. I've changed the name on my new site and I've even deleted pictures to remain true to my wishes to be 100% anonymous. Love you all - snoochy noochies.....

P.S.S. - Thank you all thus far and be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home